Thoughts About The Boston Bombing
The only way to go is to continue being hopeful. What I learned from this event is not the cruelty of humans but the power of kindness, goodness and compassion of strangers. It was a moment in time where – at that exact time and place – everybody was treating everyone like family. Everyone was taking care of everybody. And for me, personally, I found an “inner strength” and some form of “bravery” that I never thought I had. And it made me realize that what I experienced is something that will not paralyze me but rather something that will strengthen me.
Yours + Always,
My Personal Letter to Dzhokhar
Dzhokhar,You almost took my life. Not only mine but also the lives of the people who are very close to me - my brothers, my cousin, my bestfriends - they are the people I almost lost. I was standing right there Dzhokhar, right on that very street where you planted the bomb. I don’t know why you would do such a thing - Didn’t you see that there were innocent kids there cheering for their dads and moms as they crossed the finish line? Didn’t you understand that this event is “not just a marathon” but a run for a personal cause? Why would you disturb the peace of our city? This city provided you education, this city gave you a chance to pursue your dreams to be a doctor, this city gave you a piece of its heart- so don’t you tell us that ‘there ain’t no love in the heart of the city’ - this is not just our city, it is also your city.
Copley is my favorite place in Boston, Dzhokhar - but you and your brother decided to attempt to shatter our feeling of safety. You tried to make us feel vulnerable. You tried to hurt us. You tried to break us, you tried to instill fear in our hearts… but no, you failed. You did not accomplish anything. We, as Bostonians, will still do the things we love to do. I will still stroll around Boylston St like I always did, I will still attend the Marathon every year and still take pictures of people happily crossing the finish line, I will not be afraid to attend city events whether it be sports-related or a city gathering. The only thing you made very apparent here is you brought us Bostonians together - united as one. I want you to know Dzhokhar that there is LOVE in the heart of the city.
You have no idea how terrified I was last Monday and throughout this whole week. I was flaming with anger and fear. I couldn’t stop thinking about the victims who are currently in critical condition and the three people that you and your brother killed. Did you know that the 8-yr-old boy that you killed is the nephew of my colleague? And the 29-yr-old lady went to the same university that I attended? And the young Asian lady who came here to study — can you empathize to what her parents must’ve felt when they learned that their daughter died because of you? Despite all the things you’ve done, I don’t wish you death. I don’t hate you. I don’t want to carry the burden of fear over my shoulder. I hope one day, you’d realize that there is - and will always be - love in the heart of this city, in the heart of each and every Bostonians. Through this letter, I want you to know that:
I forgive you,
SPRING 2013 Photoshoot Schedule
Great news, everyone!
Spring is finally HERE - and I’m so excited to announce that I am now taking shoot applications for this season.
Now, there are a few changes:
- My schedule is limited so advanced booking is a must. Cancellations must be made 72 hours before the shoot date.
- As always, I love hearing YOUR ideas - and I’ll be here to help you with creative suggestions and/or other theme options.
- Don’t know how to put make-up? Well, you have two options: 1) You can go to Sephora and have them apply your make-up or 2) I have a list of local MU/As - I’ll show you their portfolio/rates beforehand.
- I don’t provide shoot clothes. BYOO - yup, bring your own outfit. Unless we wear the same dress size, I’d be happy to lend you my dresses.
If you want to schedule a shoot, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- PROPOSED DATE & TIME (not a guarantee, our schedules need to match first!)
- SHOOT THEME (give me your best shot!)
- PROPOSED SHOOT LOCATION (City, State)
- You get an hour with me. Please be ready with your hair and make up upon seeing me. Please plan appropriately.
- 5 printed 8x10 polished photos (yes, that means five super photoshopped pictures I can make you lose 20 pounds in one day. You also get to choose your TOP 5 shots.)
- Unlimited shots (this means we can click the shutter button for infinity times for one hour. You will get a DVD copy of ALL unedited photos.)
Cheers and let’s start shooting,